Is our number one priority
There are numerous advantages to traveling with your dog:
- While you're on the road, your dog can provide companionship and emotional support.
- Traveling with your dog allows you to both get some exercise and explore new areas.
- Traveling with your dog can help to strengthen your bond with your pet.
- While you are away from home, having your dog with you can provide a sense of security and protection.
- Traveling with your dog is often more convenient than finding a pet sitter or boarding facility, especially if you will only be gone for a short period of time.
Here is a checklist that is good to be aware of before you set off.
- Check that it is allowed to bring the dog in the holiday home, the apartment in the hotel or the campsite.
- Check whether it is allowed to bring pets before you book your ticket for either plane or ferry. Some airlines and ferry companies do not allow pets on board.
- If you are going to travel abroad, remember that your dog must be legally ID marked with a microchip and must have a valid EU pet passport. Likewise, your dog might need to be vaccinated against rabies at least 21 days before it travels.
And last but not least, we recommend that you have the following items in your dog's travel bag, to make the journey as comfortable as possible.
- Favorite toy
- Travel water bowl
- The dog's own food
- Tick remover
- Updated dog ID tag
- Cushion and bed that the dog likes
- Vaccination records and other important papers
- Product for your dog if he gets an upset stomach
- Harness or leash. Possibly a long lead so that the dog can be tied down
- If you are traveling abroad, you must bring the dog's passport with you
Petlux wishes you and your dog a wonderful holiday.